New dental technology is being developed all of the time, and at Smiles Family Dental, we want you to have access to all the benefits of that technology. One of the best recent examples of this is the Invisalign® clear aligner straightening system, which uses dental tech to straighten your teeth without the uncomfortable metal of traditional braces.
Invisalign clear aligners are a modern solution for common orthodontic problems. The special aligners used in the Invisalign process are personalized to you and designed to look natural. The aligners gradually move your teeth into position, leaving you with a smile that we’re sure you will be proud of.
What Is the Invisalign Treatment Process?
Everyone that chooses Invisalign aligners follows the same process, but with a timeline and treatment plan that is unique to their dental needs. If you’re interested in straight, healthy teeth, these are the steps that will lead to your beautiful smile:
- Customizing your treatment plan is essential to getting the results that you want. On your first appointment, we will conduct an initial examination where we take pictures, X-rays, pictures of your teeth and a 3D digital scan of your mouth.
- During the design process, our lab will create custom-crafted aligners. We will mail them out to you, or you can come and pick them up at our office. They must be worn daily and as frequently as possible in order to maintain your straightening schedule.
- You will wear your current aligner until it fits perfectly and then swap it out for the next one, which will continue to gradually shift your teeth. As you consistently wear the aligners without missing days, your teeth will gradually move.
- After you have finished all of the aligners in the series, your new smile will be complete! Your smile will be noticeably straighter and easier to care for. Who knew that it could be this easy and straightforward to straighten your teeth?
Will Invisalign Clear Braces Work for Me?
Invisalign technology is suitable for a variety of different age groups and is an ideal teeth-straightening method for many different reasons.
Invisalign treatment is a great way to set your teenager up for oral health that will last them a lifetime. Your teens already have all of their adult teeth, which is all Invisalign clear aligners need to be effective.
Because they are at the age where they are worried about fitting in, teenagers are often self-conscious about what their peers think of them, which is another reason why Invisalign clear aligners work so well for teens. With Invisalign clear aligners, you can give your teenager the gift of straight teeth in a way that will also give them the confidence that can be rare at that age.
Invisalign treatment works well for the vast majority of adults. Only a few factors may limit your success with Invisalign treatment:
- Oral Health. Your teeth and gums must be healthy and in generally good condition in order to start the Invisalign process. If you have any untreated cavities or gum disease, for example, it’s important to clear that up first.
- Commitment. You’ll have to make a dedicated effort to wear your aligners as often as possible throughout the day and night. If you think this will be difficult for you, a different solution may be better for your straightening needs.
Invisalign Clear Aligners vs. Traditional Metal Braces
Whether you choose traditional braces or Invisalign clear aligners, you can expect a straighter, more beautiful smile when your treatment is over. Both of these methods reach these results in different ways, and it can be helpful to understand the differences.
Traditional braces use wires, held in place with metal brackets, to gently pull your teeth into a straighter position. Your teeth will gradually meet the curve of the wire as the treatment progresses. Sometimes rubber bands are used to speed the process or correct a patient’s bite.
Rather than using wires to redirect your teeth, Invisalign treatment uses aligners that are slightly different from your current bite to guide your teeth into a straighter position. Each new aligner you receive will further the process until you’ve got a straight new smile.
Start Your Journey Towards Straight Teeth Today
Drs. Angelie Zamora, Nick Cobb and Ruasha Shrestha started offering Invisalign because they knew that our patients would love how convenient and effective the straightening process could be. Invisalign treatment in Flower Mound, Texas, is a hassle-free process that starts to immediately transform your smile. Call our office today at 972-346-1100 for your Invisalign consultation with our dentists!